MASTER OF DIVINITY (M.Div)
View course requirements and sample syllabi.
The UGST faculty have set the following objectives for the M.Div. degree with the approval of the board of directors. Students will be responsible for demonstrating the achievement of all objectives through the development of the M.Div. portfolio. Sample evidences of objective achievement are given in brackets.
I. To develop biblical and theological competence.
A. Maintain a high view of the biblical text that
1. Professes the verbal plenary inspiration of scripture in the original autographs.
2. Approaches the biblical text in its historical and literary context.
B. Develop a Oneness Pentecostal hermeneutic that:
1. Celebrates the God who is described as uniquely one in the Old Testament and who became
permanently incarnate in Jesus.
2. Understands the working of the Spirit in the biblical text as normative for today.
3. Privileges the belief and practice of the New Testament.
4. Understands the Apostolic Pentecostal movement in the context of broader Christianity.
II. To prepare students for a variety of ministries and vocations including
pastorate, chaplaincy, teaching, and other related careers.
A. Develops ministry compatible with student's call
B. Situates ministries and vocations within global context of the church with awareness to multi-cultural and
cross-cultural nature of ministry.
C. Demonstrates leadership in life of the world and church.
D. Enhances continued ministry development for further biblical and theological study.
III. To grow in spiritual maturity
A. Applies biblical and theological principles to personal life and interactions with the church community and
the world at large
B. Values and commits to developing the relationship with God and neighbor while seeking to better
understand one's self
C. Pursues personal integrity and holiness in lifestyle and ministry